View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Slow going

Hi all. Once again I'm forced to apologize for being less than faithful in keeping this blog at anything close to a schedule. Mea Culpa! Real life keeps intruding, in some ways good, and in some ways not. I have made some progress on the B-Line this past month, but not a lot. Also, the most important step, in my humble opinion, is pretty much unseen. All of the mainline has power, and for the first time in 5 years, I ran a train on my own layout! That may not seem like much to you, but to me it ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 2Atlas 2 Truck Shay Dcc'ed

This is a video of my Atlas 2 Truck Shay Dcc'ed with a Digitrax DZ123 and hauling log cars and a bobber caboose, on my oval test track

Thanks

Pierre
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Self Propelled Rotary Snow-Plow DCC’ed

So I was asked to post some pics - this is one of my favorite
    conversions - a Con-Cor/More (Japan) JNR Rotary Snow Plow
    More info can be found on www.spookshow.net/loco/ccmoreplow.html

Here are a few pics - video was too large to upload

I changed the tender to a vanderbuilt easier to add couplers &
    to insert DZ123 Digitrax decoder

the photos are in my album (public). I do not have a URL to upload them in this message and did not find ...

Updated 20th Nov 2021 at 12:30 AM by Sparker251 (video too large for upload)

Categories
    General (as off-topic as you want)
  4. An annual update and a tl;dr tale of my E-2A "SF-1"

I've begun adding buildings of all sorts to the Chicago Layout, concentration on the La Salle corner for the most part. Haven't ballasted an inch of track yet, but that will be one of the last chores to tackle. I've also been updating the power stable, running in some of the loco's that have been boxes for maybe a decade in some cases. Also testing different equipment on the complete loops, finding the 'gotcha's' of tracking issues.
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  5. A great story (Elizabeth express)

Page 1 of 153 123451151101 ... LastLast