View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Layout base & track.

Well, I'm at the point where something is actually going to happen....then Wham!!! hit that brick wall called procrastination / indecision again....
    I've been here so many times before, I can even see the dings in the wall from where I've hit it before.
    This time it's the layout construction itself. I could see my original plans of aluminium frame and plywood top dragging on for months and costing a packet to build. But then, the other day, while wandering through Bunnings (our local ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. anyone in the SW Missoiri area

Hi All,
    Looks like we are moving to Greenfield Missouri in the next month will know when for sure in the next week.
    If so I'll have a big shop were we can get together and set up modules. Would be great to have a monthly
    or Bi monthly meet and run trains. I'll also be setting up shop on the top floor and have a small hobby supply.
    rich
    www.rslaserkits.com
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Operations

Ok, first off, engines...
    I have-
    4 MDC/Athearn 2-8-0s and need another 2
    1 MP 2-6-0
    1 Shapeways/Bachmann Boxcab diesel, need another 1
    That totals 9 engines. I'd like 10, tossup between a Bachmann 4-6-0 and an Alco HH600 (modified Atlas S2 diesel)

Engines, #1, the oldest 2-8-0, saturated with an 'as built' boiler. Smokebox is short compared to the other 5 that have been reboilered. it also has a rear sand dome and narrow coal space on the tender to aid ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Devil's Gate Mining Co. -1

I'm trying to get my ideas and 'direction' down before I forget what I'm trying to accomplish lol.
    After the demise of my Moss Lake Lumber Co. in HO, then N, I was out of the hobby for a while before trying again to do a switching layout. I selected a BNSF Chicago branchline and even had a GP38, MP15 and SW1500 (BN with a working rotary beacon no less!!). But I wasn't happy with it.
    My next venture was a steam railroad in the 1890s Colorado, originally planned to have 2 Climax geared ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Moving Blog Here (or Look Ma! No Helix!)

It's been a long time since I updated my off-site blog, so I decided to move it here, where you can all nag me about it. Updated the signature file, and, to prevent moose prints on my face, here's a picture of the latest section of benchwork for the layout, under construction on my work bench.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spreading Benchwork.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	105845

The roadbed in the front is in about the right place. This end will be a riser 2-7/8" high, and dropping at 2.5% to 5/8" high on the far ...
    Tags: benchwork Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 143 123451151101 ... LastLast