View RSS Feed

Prototype Related

Anything related to prototype rail.

1. Layout Progress and some considerations on operations

I've got two more posts on my blog (offsite). One concerns construction on the backdrop and valance on my layout. The other looks at some train orders that I recently purchased.

If you'd like to look at them, click on this link.
  2. Your show of shows...

I have been to a lot of train shows over the course of my life, but none has ever approached the scope of the Amherst Railroad Society's annual show. Originally held as a sort of open house on the campus of UMASS Amherst, the thing took on a life of its own, growing from a one-room exhibition of hobbyists' creations to a massive, living, breathing organism which has taken over the halls of New England's largest exhibition center, the Eastern States Exposition facilities, know fondly as "The ...
  3. Railfan Photo of the Day

Thoroughly Modern MBTA This commuter train today was bound to make people think the MBTA is thorouhly modern, with four shiny double-deckers and diesel #011, which was built in this decade. Depending on your preferences, this train is either a step in the right direction, or a reminder that the venerable F40s won't always be with us...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013111815032224035.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	51789
    http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?20...5032224035.jpg
    Tags: mbta, photo, railfan Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Prototype Related
  4. Pullman Ticket - Norfolk & Western RR 1948

Pullman ticket from Blueford WV to Columbus OH, 6/2/48

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NW_ticket.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	51010
  5. Touching four generations....

It's been two weeks or more since my last blog post and even though I really don't have anything to say I guess I'd better update the community on the progress in Beaufield. Besides, having nothing to say has never deterred me in the past, so why spoil a perfect record?
    You may recall that I had been ballasting the freight yards and engine repair tracks that occupy the land area immediately behind Terminal Square. Ballasting, being what it is soon wore thin and I longed for more interesting ...
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast