View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. You live, you learn.

As I noted in a previous post I can't seem to bring myself to finish the last of the passenger station. I'm distracted and lazy, which can be a lethal combination. The current distraction, apart from a recent vacation, has been the city park I've referenced in pervious blogs and "build threads". I had hoped to be able to do a weekend update kind of thing and tell you about my completed park, but alas, a trick I learned 40 years ago backfired on me. In those days, the notion of textured ...

Updated 6th Oct 2020 at 05:57 AM by Albey25

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Custom Crossing

I'm trying to figure out how to bash a crossing on 2 intersecting curves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG2005-20201001-223901512.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	114370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	half_lap_joint.gif 
Views:	8 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	114371  
  3. Lighthearted railroad news

4. Does anyone ever really finish?

I realize that of course, most people finish projects. As a guy who has spent a lifetime fixing people's houses for them, even I have finished a project or two. So why am I having so much difficulty with this station? It seems like every time I get close to having the end in sight, I change my mind and re-design it, or I want to "think about it" for a few days and move on to something else while I do. The good news there is that I have made decent progress on the city park that will be ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  5. Weekend Update (4th Sep 2020) RhikDavis Layout

Quote Originally Posted by rhikdavis View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	113691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0552.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	113692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0564.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	113693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout3.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	113694Test fitting the track. Needs some tweaking. Of course there was a gap after all was said and done. Had to make a 'custom' piece from flex track. Ain't pretty, but it works. Maybe as I'm going back over the pieces and closing any gaps I'll discover what I did or didn't do. Or maybe its a layout plan snafu. You know I had to put some rolling stock down and a couple of structures.
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
Page 1 of 148 123451151101 ... LastLast