View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Does anyone ever really finish?

I realize that of course, most people finish projects. As a guy who has spent a lifetime fixing people's houses for them, even I have finished a project or two. So why am I having so much difficulty with this station? It seems like every time I get close to having the end in sight, I change my mind and re-design it, or I want to "think about it" for a few days and move on to something else while I do. The good news there is that I have made decent progress on the city park that will be ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  2. Weekend Update (4th Sep 2020) RhikDavis Layout

Quote Originally Posted by rhikdavis View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	113691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0552.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	113692Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0564.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	113693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Layout3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	113694Test fitting the track. Needs some tweaking. Of course there was a gap after all was said and done. Had to make a 'custom' piece from flex track. Ain't pretty, but it works. Maybe as I'm going back over the pieces and closing any gaps I'll discover what I did or didn't do. Or maybe its a layout plan snafu. You know I had to put some rolling stock down and a couple of structures.
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  3. A long overdue update, and some forum entries in here, just to get my feet wet again!

The year and a few months that have passed have, for the most part, been beneficial to the layout. I've still got about 10% of the wiring yet to go, and I've had to revise some revisions along the way, as well as bug hunt and troubleshoot those (mostly self inflicted) gremlins. I find I must get "up" for the occasions that I lie on my back on a mechanics' creeper under the layout, pulling wires to their control panel switch designations, then pulling track power from it's feed to the frogs, ...
    Categories
    'N' Scale Related
  4. My New Railroad Adventure

Short version: My wife wants me to have something to do when I retire in 10 years, so I am returning to model railroading after a very long absence.

So:

Negotiations with her are complete over space: it will be in our 3rd bedroom which we have always used as a storage room (aka 'Junk Room'). I am using shelving modules as my benchwork (see photo). The shelves are all interlocked and with all that weight in them they are like a rock. The top most shelf is 38 1/2 inches ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. 1:150 rc car

Days of Faller car system are close to shap end
    https://youtu.be/bG3rvkpDsdg
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 147 123451151101 ... LastLast