• Recent Posts

Spookshow

Weekend Update (18th Jan 2019)

My attention span isn't any longer this week than it was last week, so get ready for lots of pictures of lots of random projects....

This

Spookshow Today, 04:44 AM Go to last post
    Moose2013

Mrs Moose is picking through the furnace filter material pulling out the secondary branches for the Cedar tree ... And Mr Moose is very patiently super-gluing

Moose2013 Today, 12:17 AM Go to last post
    badlandnp

Take 3

"Evangeline" is a good excuse! Looks gorgeous!

badlandnp Today, 12:07 AM Go to last post
    Moose2013

Moose grow some branches on Cedar tree trunk ... Not sure how the next step will go, that is, making the smaller secondary branches ... Moose have an

Moose2013 Yesterday, 10:24 PM Go to last post
    Sundiesel

Australian Members Thread

Hello Folks,
    I'm just getting back into the hobby after a couple of years away from it.
    I used to buy my glues from EFD Simply Glues, but

Sundiesel Yesterday, 09:25 PM Go to last post
  • Guide to assembling Micro Trains 1015 couplers

How many swear words do you blurt out each time you assemble a Micro Trains coupler?

This video by Rich Brungard might help keep your language clean.

http://youtu.be/0zqGY47HuU4
    Comments 8 Comments
      REM37411 -
      Great video Metro! I put a few of those things together years ago and they were definitely a pain. If I decide to assemble anymore I will use your technique! Thanks for posting this.
      MetroRedLn -
      Quote Originally Posted by REM37411 View Post
      Great video Metro! I put a few of those things together years ago and they were definitely a pain. If I decide to assemble anymore I will use your technique! Thanks for posting this.
      Thanks but it's not my video, it's from YouTube user Rich Brungard.
      REM37411 -
      Great. Now i have to disassociate your name with that voice.... Still a great tutorial, thanks for sharing!
      absnut -
      The 1015 is probably the easiest one to assemble. Stange fellow that I am, I actually enjoy buying the bulk pack and assembling them. I got so I could do the 20 of them in about an hour. And then, I broke down and bought the MT assembling jig and cut that time in half. The assembly device is a good investment.
      Tred -
      Funny you shold post that? I have 3 passenger cars on my work bench, I am converting trucks over on. LOL When I get home from work, I'll have to check out the video.

Thanks,
      gary60s -
      Good Tutorial. As Dick mentioned, the assembly jig is a great timesaver. Another huge aid is a spring holder (http://www.nscale.net/forums/showthr...MT-spring-tool). Thanks for posting Metro.
      k225 -
      Inspirational, I've done them in HO but never tried them in N scale. Now lets get at it!
      bbruff -
      Quote Originally Posted by REM37411 View Post
      Great information and I'm inspired to try once again to get those buggers together! Several comments said they use the coupler jig. I have one, but have not been successful in using it. How to the things work? Any one want to do a video using the jig?