View RSS Feed

inpr

introduction of myself and my future modeling railroads

Rate this Entry
hello my name is Dan and im from Idaho.

i was given N scale while i still had a great deal of HO when i belonged to a club near me. that was well over 10 years ago now. now im currently working on plans to build my own 16' X 30'+ layout. it will have 2 shortlines that was ran by the same company after 1986ish. the shortest of the 2 is the New Meadows Branch that was laid in Wieser, ID back in the early 20th century by the Pacific & Idaho Northern. as the name implys it ran from Wieser, ID all the way up to New Meadows, ID, from there it had plans on going up the Salmon River to connect with the Camas Prairie Railroad in Grangeville,ID. the other line is the OSL/UP Cascade Branch, it was built by Idaho Northern and taken over by Oregon Short LIne shortly after completion. it ran from the Nampa yard to Emmett,ID and from there to what was then called Lakeport,ID (now called McCall). there was a narrow gauge line from a small town called Archabal (on the Cascade Branch) that went through the mountains and connected with New Meadows Branch but it was taken up somewhere around the late 1920's. im wanting to model the railroad as it was in the fall/winter of the 1950's but using the full roster and leased locomotives of the Idaho Northern & Pacific that is found on the rrphotoarchives. but unlike the prototype it will have 2% grades with a short section of 3%, the real one was only 1.5-1.7% grade with the short 2% grade, just so i can get 12" between levels for scenery.

im using the Atlas/SCARM layout designer to get what i want the putting it into a simulator to make sure everything runs smoothly. i also have a freelance railroad, the Idaho Western & Pacific, to pick up trains if or when there is a power shortage. i will hope to post picture soon of my grande plan of it. hope you all have a great day/evening after reading this blog
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INPR logo and slogan .jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	99591  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
'N' Scale Related , Prototype Related

Comments