View RSS Feed

mosslake

Layout base & track.

Rate this Entry
Well, I'm at the point where something is actually going to happen....then Wham!!! hit that brick wall called procrastination / indecision again....
I've been here so many times before, I can even see the dings in the wall from where I've hit it before.
This time it's the layout construction itself. I could see my original plans of aluminium frame and plywood top dragging on for months and costing a packet to build. But then, the other day, while wandering through Bunnings (our local mega hardware chain-always bad news for me lol) I was re-acquainted with internal doors. This door was 700mm wide (27.5") and 2040mm (7.5') tall. I was originally aiming for 800mm x 2000mm (31.5" x 8') tall so not much difference in overall size. It's light weight and finished up to a reasonable standard saves weeks of work. I have a table that can support it, just want to add plywood reinforcing points as the facing is only masonite. -Issue solved....
The other and larger issue is track. I have most of what's needed in Peco code 80, but working with my test loop of Kato unitrack now has me thinking if that's the better way to go. While Kato doesn't have all the components I need, like 3 way and curved turnouts, I can get around them....
so, I'm open to comments & suggestions....
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments