Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Steve, your best bet is to

Steve, your best bet is to purchase a back issue. N Scale Railroading has one available. See this link: <u><span style="color: #669966">https://www.nscalerailroadn.com/Backissues.html</span></u>Having someone copy and send you an article has certain copyright issues! Best not to do it!Oh yes, and welcome to nScale.net!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If you want to see more

If you want to see more useful articles like that one then it's in your, and everyone's, best interest to support the magazine financially. All media, print or digital, has a cost to someone so please support it through subscription, single-copy sales, or donations.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sorry for asking

i have no problem purchasing the back issue. That is what i was going to do. Im going to rephase my question. If someone has that issue can you tell me does the article have a picture of the track plan. I don't like buying things sight unseen. I can look at 20 pictures of this layout that is what made me think abt it. I don't want anyone mad at me so if anyone can tell me does the track plan exist in this issue. steve

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,382 Times in 997 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default You may find some use for these......

....sites: <p style="font-size: 11pt; margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri"><span style="color: #800080"><u>http://www.billbentgen.com/railroad/index.htm</u></span><p style="font-size: 11pt; margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri"> <p style="font-size: 11pt; margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri"><u><span style="color: #800080">http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111233</span></u><p style="font-size: 11pt; margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri"> <p style="font-size: 11pt; margin: 0in; font-family: Calibri">10Q
    (The voices I hear in my head may not be real, but sometimes they come up with a good idea.)

Have fun.

Moose

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looked at Bill's

when i did a search I found Bill's web page. The same as above it shows the construction on the plan from atlas. But doing more searching i found this web sitehttp://myrrlayout.com/R/aspfiles/DetailPage.asp?Xfer_Code=70001460If u have the orginal trak plan u can see the river is different and there is a extra tunnel on the layout. What i'll do is over the weekend order the magazine. Thanks for all ur help. But i do have another question if i build a layout along a wall with no room to get behind it, what do u guys think the average reach should be. And running freight trains what would be the min radius i could get away with. Not going to be running long freight cars 40'/50'

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The generally accepted

The generally accepted standard width is 24-30", depending on the owner's size. Some people are able to stretch it further and some prefer it narrower. If you put a full 48" table against the wall you will have problems getting to the back of it which is why the "four-by-eight" layout is so limiting.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yep Rail, I gotta go along with you...........

My layout is 45 inches wide, but I can get to the back side of it. Otherwise you better have PERFECT track on the unreachable parts. Not fun to get a ladder and balance over the layout! [img]/modules/tinymce/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-yell.gif[/img]Jacko