Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1288

Thread: Classic eBay again (again!) .... and again :D

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Janbouli View Post
    The seller you are referring to, Egatco , has been selling N-scale for more than 15 years , I have bought from him in the past ... the collectors items ... a lot of normal cars as well . And I for one think that if he asks a certain amount for a caboose or car he is not fishing but knows that it's worth that to some collectors. 32000 sales and 100% , you don't get that on Ebay with tricks.
    Precisely. And when I have bought from him, MANY TIMES, both "normal cars" and "collectors items" I knew what they were worth and he was not price gouging, just realistic.

Dave

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 56Pontiac For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 56Pontiac View Post
    Precisely. And when I have bought from him, MANY TIMES, both "normal cars" and "collectors items" I knew what they were worth and he was not price gouging, just realistic.

Dave
    OK, cool. Sounds like a decent eBay seller. Still doesn't change my opinion that $150 for a piece of injection-molded plastic is a ridiculous first-world extravagance.

YMMV. ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Schmidt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,192 Times in 287 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gee @mrodtoo, I have one of them in my For Sale car box.
    I guess I should raise the price (I even have the inserts).
    But Mario, if you want it, I expect cash.

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get more than $10 for my early KD/MT collector cars please let me know. I have pristine cars back to the 70s.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rick773 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rick773 View Post
    P.S. If anyone knows where I can get more than $10 for my early KD/MT collector cars please let me know. I have pristine cars back to the 70s.
    You might be sitting on a fortune!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Schmidt View Post
    You might be sitting on a fortune!
    Only if you can find someone to buy them!
    These are supposed to be very valuable also:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Janbouli View Post
    The seller you are referring to, Egatco , has been selling N-scale for more then 15 years , I have bought from him in the past , but not the collectors items . He sells a lot of normal cars as well . And I for one think that if he asks a certain amount for a caboose or car he is not fishing but knows that it's worth that to some collectors. 32000 sales and 100% , you don't get that on Ebay with tricks.
    Interesting. Please let us know when he sells it. There seem to be lots of curiosity.
    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -- Benjamin Franklin

Mario

Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rick773 View Post
    Gee @mrodtoo, I have one of them in my For Sale car box.
    I guess I should raise the price (I even have the inserts).
    But Mario, if you want it, I expect cash.

https://www.nscale.net/forums/attach...4&d=1579568757
    It may be my computer monitor, but your car appears more greenish than the Ebay offer from Egatco. The box on ebay does not look to have the paper with details on the model normally included with Kadee or MTL. Is it that old they did not have it? How are these model being authenticated?
    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -- Benjamin Franklin

Mario

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mario (@mrodtoo) if the color bothers you (which is probably the camera) I will lower the price (just for you) to $895!

The Kadee insert lists it's mfg# as 39020 (Railbox 50' box car), which according to my Armstrong/Scotsman's 2008 Price Guide had a current value of $184.
    And then the bottom fell out of the collector's market.

I would love to get a more current (even a year or 2 old) price guide but those things cost a fortune!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rick773 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,293 Posts
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was not that long ago that these George Bush locos were going for $100's of dollars...
    This just finished at $77 plus S&H...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kato-EMD-SD...53.m1438.l2649

That is why I try not to follow the herd....
    Steve - Jugtown Modeler..............Don't know enough about railroading yet, but scale modeling is my life..............Web-Folio

The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man. -- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jugtown Modeler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,843 Times in 3,124 Posts
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Ebb and Flow of eBay!
    Or should I say Roller coaster?

The Little Rock Line blog

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlin

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allen H. For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone experienced Ebay seller "heartbright"?

They started selling N scale items on Ebay recently. They have little knowledge on model railroad items or pricing. I have requested information on poorly described items and questioned high pricing and shipping costs. Recently, I found some items listed at reasonable price but they have resisted combining items. My 10 items, mostly small would cost no more that $12-15 Priority box and cheaper if chose a proper box. But want to charge me $72.50 to ship.

After exchanging messages all morning trying to understand their policy, it is clear they have no understanding of how Ebay works and are unwilling to work with a buyer.
    Individually, the shipping is not unreasonable but as soon as you start to combine, they will not budge on costs. Believe they have blocked me now.... I have been very considerate in my replies. Offered to help. Just wanted some old atlas parts that are out of production.

Just a vent,

but also a warning to other potential buyers as to what you may be up against.
    Steve - Jugtown Modeler..............Don't know enough about railroading yet, but scale modeling is my life..............Web-Folio

The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man. -- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jugtown Modeler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,843 Times in 3,124 Posts
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks for the information Steve, have never heard of that seller?
    But unfortunately, I'm sure they will find their place on the long list of those types of sellers.
    They'll soon quit listing once they realize that no one can see as clear as they do and then they'll fade away, only to replaced by another, more clouded seller.
    The Little Rock Line blog

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlin

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Allen H. For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Jugtown Modeler, thanks for the heads-up.

Seems apparent to me that they're attempting to gouge buyers who win multiple items.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Schmidt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jugtown Modeler View Post
    Has anyone experienced Ebay seller "heartbright"?

They started selling N scale items on Ebay recently. They have little knowledge on model railroad items or pricing. I have requested information on poorly described items and questioned high pricing and shipping costs. Recently, I found some items listed at reasonable price but they have resisted combining items. My 10 items, mostly small would cost no more that $12-15 Priority box and cheaper if chose a proper box. But want to charge me $72.50 to ship.

After exchanging messages all morning trying to understand their policy, it is clear they have no understanding of how Ebay works and are unwilling to work with a buyer.
    Individually, the shipping is not unreasonable but as soon as you start to combine, they will not budge on costs. Believe they have blocked me now.... I have been very considerate in my replies. Offered to help. Just wanted some old atlas parts that are out of production.

Just a vent,

but also a warning to other potential buyers as to what you may be up against.
    I also had a very similar experience with them.I had wanted to purchase eight locos from them and messaged them about combined shipping which they said was available in their listings. After a time with no response I decided to just pay full price for everything and request a refund for the shipping cost difference. They did respond that they WOULD do that. So I paid for it all and included a note with my paypal payment requesting they refund the overpayment on shipping once the actual cost was determined. A couple of hours later they sent me an email stating that shipping cost were determined by ebay and they could not mke any adjustments. As an experienced ebayer with 100% positive feaadback of over 500 I knew this was incorrect. Next thing you know they cancelled my order, refunded my payment and blocked my ability to ever try to purchase anyhting from them again.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rickbz28 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So eBay seller "heartbright' has blocked @Jugtown Modeler and @rickbz28 following honest inquiries about shipping costs.

Wonder who wrote their business plan?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Schmidt For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickbz28 View Post
    A couple of hours later they sent me an email stating that shipping cost were determined by ebay and they could not mke any adjustments.
    As with many "sellers", they do not appear to have a clue as to what they are doing. I offered to help at one point. Guess that was questionable in their minds.
    Multiple times they have asked me if I was another Ebay member, despite no reason to believe that. Received a message today asking if I was one of the names they listed in message(??) and if I was interested in one of their items...

One of their early N listings showed a box with no information as to contents. The response to my query was to add a picture, raise the price from $15 to $30 then end the sale early.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-Railr...p2047675.l2557

Think they are taking un-prescribed medications...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jugtown Modeler For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think they are taking un-prescribed medications...

But seriously, I think you're right -- they have no idea what they're doing, or if they do, then they are actively scamming buyers and eBay should shut them down soon.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Schmidt For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received a message today asking if I was one of the names they listed in message(??) and if I was interested in one of their items...
    I got a message from them also asking if I was also using other usernames. Strange

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rickbz28 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tempted to try and snipe this bidder....

ebay bid.jpg

I am not that evil. He is driving himself nuts as it is.
    Has been bidding every day for a week concerned he is going to outbid himself...??

EDIT: I was premature in my judgement. Another bidder joined and they fought it up to $400. Had they been paying attention, they could have had it last week for $270 and the week before for $300.
    Seller must be happy. I do find people curious and Ebay is a window into peoples habits....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jugtown Modeler; 3rd Mar 2020 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And......... Then there is this! Come on;Really? I have litterally thrown better stuff in the garbage. This is not worth $2 never mind $34.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/N-Scale-Bac...53.m1438.l2649
    " You can do anything if you have enthusiasm. With it there is accomplishment, without it there are only alibis " - Henry Ford

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Power Stroke For This Useful Post: