Thread: Classic eBay again (again!) .... and again :D

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,329 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I click on Model Railroads and Trains I still get all the scales categorised.

https://www.ebay.com/b/Model-Railroa...250/bn_1642683
    As long as I can model in N-scale, I know I'm not old

My Flickr Pages

http://www.janbouli.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Janbouli For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ranulf View Post
    Is it just me or is ebay's search not sorting by scale anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by SP-Wolf View Post
    Looks like they just made searching a heck of a lot harder -- way to go EBay - way to go.
    I have seen strange sorting behavior before that was short lived. Wondering if this is a glitch, site change or bad decision. This recent issue certainly is not conducive to searching. At any rate, I'll complain in the small "FEEDBACK" link on search page.

EDIT: When I back out to "Model Railroads & Trains", I can see the familiar sublistings by scale... FWIW
    Steve - Jugtown Modeler..............Don't know enough about railroading yet, but scale modeling is my life..............Web-Folio

The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man. -- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jugtown Modeler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay really messed up. I almost never use specific searches, and almost always just browse by category. Nothing comes up now. Don't they realize not everyone wants to search for every single name variation of a model to find what they are looking for???

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drosera88 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 489 Posts
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I myself complained to eBay through Twitter about that! Everyone should do the same thing! I even put a ticket through their website and no response from them! Plus on Twitter I read where someone was complaining about the same thing on the automotive side.
    Cheers!
    Clayton

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MoPac For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,329 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drosera88 View Post
    Ebay really messed up. I almost never use specific searches, and almost always just browse by category. Nothing comes up now. Don't they realize not everyone wants to search for every single name variation of a model to find what they are looking for???
    Oh , now I see what everyone is on about , must be a glitch , why would they still divide it into scales and then have nothing showing up in those scales.
    As long as I can model in N-scale, I know I'm not old

My Flickr Pages

http://www.janbouli.com

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Janbouli View Post
    Oh , now I see what everyone is on about , must be a glitch , why would they still divide it into scales and then have nothing showing up in those scales.
    Well I figured it out, and now I am getting the same results as before, but it's not as convenient.

You have to search for something in 'Model Railroads & Trains' and then once you're at the results page, delete what you searched for and search again. Once your at the results page, select your filters to match the categories you want to browse (N gauge>[insert desired category here]), and you will get the same results as you would by manually selecting your category the old way.

Also, if you want to search for something within that category, you have to search the item, then select your filters AGAIN because the new search will get results for all scales and categories in 'Model Railroads & Trains." Apparently some genius thought it was a great idea to reset the filters every time you enter a new search term.

....and now I don't think it's a glitch. The filter selection has been revamped, so this is just the way Ebay has decided to 'upgrade' their search functions, which really sucks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s the response from the eBay staff whom I corresponded to. These were through Twitter. I still have yet to get a response from eBay through their website. Yes, it’s very inconvenient for I search specifically for Missouri Pacific n scale and the nicknames for that railroad also. This is bothersome for I am looking in five to six different searches in Nscale alone and most of the items don’t cross reference each other. Example whenever I search I not only look up Missouri Pacific, I also look up T&P, Texas and Pacific, C&EI, Mo Pac, mopac(yes there are different results) & M P . Prime example, I found the rare Micro Trains Kadee 21110 MP 40’ Boxcar 96020. I paid $9.99 plus shipping for it due to listing was not accurate. Yes, the blue label was intact and the boxcar was in great condition nothing broken or scratched/weathered. Although I had to clean the wheels due it being well loved. Here’s the going price for the car from this website. https://m.bonanza.com/listings/micro...RoC0GUQAvD_BwE
    At least the railroad antiques that I search for hasn’t changed that much.

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know. We have recently made changes to our categories on site which may have impacted results. I have forwarded your concern to out sentiments team to see if these changes have impacted saved history on site. ~Tami

Thanks for letting us know I have just got feedback sent across to your sentiment team who are currently gathering buyers opinions on the recent changes! If you would like to DM us with any more feedback I'd be happy to send it on. - Tami

Our customer service team review contacts in a queuing system our current response time is 24-48 hours however I have passed this conversation on for review and thank you for taking the time for getting in touch. -Tami
    Cheers!
    Clayton

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MoPac For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This glitch is causing problems across the website. Here’s from their forum post in the past few days.
    https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-...nicalissues-db
    Cheers!
    Clayton

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MoPac For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "Scale" is a check box on the left side of screen as part of the search filtering. I don't like it compared to previous method. My "special" saved searches are now emailing me daily with dozens of "new" finds...

aaa.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve - Jugtown Modeler..............Don't know enough about railroading yet, but scale modeling is my life..............Web-Folio

The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man. -- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jugtown Modeler For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jugtown Modeler View Post
    The "Scale" is a check box on the left side of screen as part of the search filtering. I don't like it compared to previous method. My "special" saved searches are now emailing me daily with dozens of "new" finds...

aaa.jpg
    Yes, on the laptop or PC the check function is there for the eBay website. Although it’s not on the smartphone app. Plus my laptop is out of date and cannot be updated again and it is really slow. So no sniping from the old laptop anymore! I too am getting the new emails like crazy from eBay. Majority of them are the wrong scale and not what was previously saved. It’s become very hard to filter out the items on eBay by phone now. The only time I use the laptop for eBay is to leave feedback or contact them by chat.
    Cheers!
    Clayton

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MoPac For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has really heated up on the eBay discussion forum.
    https://community.ebay.com/t5/Toys-Hobbies/bd-p/288
    Cheers!
    Clayton

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 952 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MoPac View Post
    Yes, on the laptop or PC the check function is there for the eBay website. Although it’s not on the smartphone app. Plus my laptop is out of date and cannot be updated again and it is really slow. So no sniping from the old laptop anymore! I too am getting the new emails like crazy from eBay. Majority of them are the wrong scale and not what was previously saved. It’s become very hard to filter out the items on eBay by phone now. The only time I use the laptop for eBay is to leave feedback or contact them by chat.
    After skimming through the posts on this thread from the last couple of days, I found the filter box in the app on my ipad now has a gauge selection… at least if your search criteria has any results in that gauge.

Paul
    For decoder installation and JMRI services, please visit http://www.bentraildigital.com
    For n-scale intermodal information, please visit http://nscaleintermodal.com

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pbender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,497 Times in 1,335 Posts
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's different, but you can set up the same searches as before.

-Mark

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I downloaded the Category Changes document from eBay's site here: https://pages.ebay.com/sellerinforma...rychanges.html

According to the document, all of the scale-specific categories have been removed (N, HO, Z, etc.). So this is not a glitch. Clearly this is not an important market for eBay.

At first I thought it was my app, but now all of my saved searches no longer work. I have no idea what eBay was thinking. Removing useful functionality is *never* a good idea.

Patrick
    Last edited by mider; 14th Oct 2021 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added more vitrol ;)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to mider For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pbender View Post
    After skimming through the posts on this thread from the last couple of days, I found the filter box in the app on my ipad now has a gauge selection… at least if your search criteria has any results in that gauge.

Paul
    it is not available on the iPhone
    Cheers!
    Clayton

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spookshow View Post
    It's different, but you can set up the same searches as before.

-Mark
    Not really Mark, maybe on the laptop,iPad or PC . But not on the iPhone. I had two different searches that were similar but yet they have different results at the time they were MoPac and Mo Pac one would yield an search for about 80 n scale items and the other would have about 40 about half of them will not show up on the other nor show up on the Missouri Pacific search. I don’t have hours of slow searching on my old laptop. Plus it’s painful to bid on it. But anyway eBay will face the backlash. Because it’s not only on model trains but also many other searches on eBay.
    Cheers!
    Clayton

Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 Times in 952 Posts
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is not available on the iPhone
    It is on my iPhone
    For decoder installation and JMRI services, please visit http://www.bentraildigital.com
    For n-scale intermodal information, please visit http://nscaleintermodal.com

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pbender For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,497 Times in 1,335 Posts
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really Mark, maybe on the laptop,iPad or PC . But not on the iPhone.
    I wouldn't know about that, I still use a flip phone

-Mark

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Spookshow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought you had one of these..lol. It is a flip phone.EE9F784F-FC8C-4DA7-9860-9F444ABE2FBE.jpeg

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Tdjr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pbender View Post

Paul

they must have made the update last night . Thanks buddy for pointing this out!
    Cheers!
    Clayton