Thread: mrc 9500.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default mrc 9500.

MRC 9500 --how are these for power of my n trains . they say they have many amps. im looking for better power for my n scale / gauge trains two tracks running maybe more letter on .
    right now im using backmann 6607 and some other gray backmann thingy. they work ok the gray one better than the 6607. any good ones out there . how about kato but as what info i get they only put out 1.5 amp. ...i was working on pc power supply but the volts drop off . i got to dig out my rc plane stuff and get them meters out so i can see amps and voltages. . have not figgered out how to up the voltage on pc power supply yet. but that does run my engines pretty good just slower because of the dropped volts. got plenty of amps 8 amps is lots.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I just won a 9500 on eBay and am awaiting its arrival. I have several other MRC packs and they are excellent and I fully expect the 9500 to be, also.

I love the meters. They are 30VA which is probably enough for 6 - 10 N scale locomotives.

Doug
    Atlas First Generation Motive Power and Treble-O-Lectric. Click on the link:
    www.irwinsjournal.com/a1g/a1glocos/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im looking at one of these im just not sure what i want. do i want 2 single units for 2 trains do i want this n that. there is quite a bof stuff that i just dont know nothing about but learning. man this n stuff is lots of work. my rc planes were easy compared to this. got to learn electrics wiring all the diferent engines what can run on what. there needs to 1 book on every thing but thats not the case. biginers guide fall way short . there is so much stuff , paint , land scape, track ect.