Thread: Expected price increase (Shapeways)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Expected price increase (Shapeways)

Expected price increase
    Recently, Shapeways, the company that prints our 3D products, announced a price change. This means that in the coming weeks our products will become (considerably) more expensive. Unfortunately, at the moment it is not clear to us when the price change will take effect. We advise you not to wait too long with your order!

RAILNSCALE-Team
    https://railnscale.com/
    Visit us at RAILNSCALE.com or at DM-Toys.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RAIL N SCALE For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started a new account to test stuff, and the price hike is massive (a small model went from $6 to $16!). New accounts get the new pricing already, so any new customer gets screwed... Don't wait too long, and especially don't wait for any actions like x% off or free shipping, the new CEO is not into that.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngineer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,125 Times in 503 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll that is a let down. This may finally force me to buy a printer now.
    Bo D.
    B&O Keyridge Subdivision
    I'm not allowed to run the train, the whistle I can't blow. I'm not allowed to say how fast the Railroad Train can go.
    I'm not allowed to shoot off steam, nor even clang the bell. But let the damned Train jump the track, and see who catches hell!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard about this on a wargaming site. Working with a guy over there to see if we can make something work should he not be able to find an alternate to SW. We may be able to extend it to some MR suppliers as well.
    Stogie

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

As we have reported previously, Shapeways will implement drastic price increases.
    What does this mean?
    - All RAILNSCALE products will retain the current prices until 31 December 2018.
    - From January 1, 2019, the vast majority of our products at Shapeways will be considerably more expensive.
    - Of course we try to limit the price increases as much as possible. However, this will take quite some time. As a consequence many products will remain more expensive for a considerable time during 2019.

If you are interested in RAILNSCALE products, we advise you to order products before the end of the year. Do not wait too long, because it can be very busy at the end of December.

Visit our website and be inspired by our offer. Or browse one of our pdf catalogs: https://railnscale.com/price-list/

Of course we will not sit down, and we will look at other possibilities to be able to continue to provide good products in an attractive way.

Sincerely,
    Maurice & Joris | RAILNSCALE | https://railnscale.com/

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Announcement price increase per 4 February 2019
    As we have reported previously, Shapeways will implement drastic price increases.
    What does this mean?
    – From February 4, 2019, the vast majority of our products at Shapeways will be considerably more expensive.

We will expand our portfolio at DM-Toys. DM-Toys will however not offer larger (bonus) sets in the near future. That means that if you are interested in RAILNSCALE (bonus) sets, I advise you to order these products before February 4.

Sincerely,
    Maurice

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thought about offering an N scale monster truck, i.e. like Bigfoot 1? I would buy that in a heartbeat!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

digger.jpg Hey Gatrhumpy,

I saw you post about wanting a monster truck.....

I got tired of waiting for someone to make a monster truck, so I decided to try and make one for myself. Body is Showcase Miniatures, chassis is shapeways printed from a design i got off the interweb.

I still have to add the wheels - cast some from a Fendt tractor as master.

Not too bad for my first try I think. I hate to guess how much money I have tied up in this thing!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jfarr1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jfarr1, that looks awesome. I was looking more torwards the look of Bigfoot 1. It doesn't have the nice streucture that now adorn modern monster trucks. It was strictly an F-250 with a truck underframe and 66" tall tires.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest news about upcoming price increase at Shapeways
    As we have reported previously, Shapeways will implement drastic price increases. In the meanwhile products printed in WSF and FCS are now prices according the much higher pricing regime.
    Shapeways has been post-poning the price changes of FUD/FXD printed items due to internal pricing algorythm issues. As a result the majority of our portfolio has not yet been impacted by the expedted huge price increase (in general 3 times higher!)
    – It is expected that Shapeways will raise the prices of the FUD/FXD items in a couple of weeks. So mid February everything will be a lot more expensive! We will expand our portfolio at DM-Toys. DM-Toys will not offer larger (bonus) sets. That means that if you are interested in RAILNSCALE (bonus) sets, I advise you to order these products as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
    Maurice

Thanks
    Thanked 3,091 Times in 879 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well good luck to Shapeways with the price increase. A Dremel 3-D printer only runs $600. If prices went up 3x, it won't take long to get to a breakeven on the investment. I hope the contributors to Shapeways offers up their 3-d drawings for sale going forward. Eventually it will be cheaper to buy the drawing and print it yourself.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave68124 View Post
    Well good luck to Shapeways with the price increase. A Dremel 3-D printer only runs $600. If prices went up 3x, it won't take long to get to a breakeven on the investment. I hope the contributors to Shapeways offers up their 3-d drawings for sale going forward. Eventually it will be cheaper to buy the drawing and print it yourself.
    Well, I've a better alternative. The coming year more and more RAILNSCALE items will become available at DM-Toys in Germany: https://www.en.dm-toys.de/liste/hers...AILNSCALE.html
    DM-Toys is producing our kits in-house on their advanced professional 3D printer. The advantage is that the print quality is even better than at Shapeways. Furthermore the packaging and sending options are a great deal better. The best: the prices remain on a proper level!

Best regards,
    Maurice

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RAIL N SCALE For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Maurice

Quote Originally Posted by RAIL N SCALE View Post
    DM-Toys is producing our kits in-house on their advanced professional 3D printer. The advantage is that the print quality is even better than at Shapeways. Furthermore the packaging and sending options are a great deal better. The best: the prices remain on a proper level!
    Can anyone use this service?
    I'm interested in finding an alternative to Shapeways in Europe, the models I was making were so detailed it was almost impossible to get all the wax off and smooth the model plus the quality wasn't always that good in all parts of the model.

Simon
    http://nscalenotes.com/
    My blog real-World locations that might make interesting layouts, modules or dioramas.

Find out more about my N scale 3D printed tanktainer models:
    http://nscalenotes.com/category/mode...ng/3dprinting/