Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to routinely clean track after painted by woodland scenics track painter

Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@jayareed

Would it be possible to decant some paint from a spray can and dip a small brush or micro brush and use it to reach in to the bridge and paint the rails? It might, and will very likely be time consuming, but it could be an option?
    Or, even using a Micro Brush and press it against the Paint Pen to transfer the paint to the Micro Brush?
    This might be helpful on the rails in your switches that you can reach with a Paint Pen?

Just throwing out some ideas...
    The Little Rock Line blog

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." George Carlin

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tim R View Post
    I use Rust-Oleum Earth Brown Camouflage spray paint to paint my track. Don't have any ballasted yet but I'll try to find a picture when I get home tonight. Haven't gotten to any bridges yet.

To clean the rail heads, I wipe them with a paper towel and then go over them with an abrasive block right after painting, while it's still wet.
    Hi Tim! I will be using this method on my mainline. Can cover much larger area in a short amount of time. I'm thinking I will have to tear my bridges out and apart and spray the tracks otherwise I won't be happy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allen H. View Post
    @jayareed

Would it be possible to decant some paint from a spray can and dip a small brush or micro brush and use it to reach in to the bridge and paint the rails? It might, and will very likely be time consuming, but it could be an option?
    Or, even using a Micro Brush and press it against the Paint Pen to transfer the paint to the Micro Brush?
    This might be helpful on the rails in your switches that you can reach with a Paint Pen?

Just throwing out some ideas...
    Thanks, Allen. This is another option I have been considering. Might try this first to see how it works.

I did use this idea with the paint pen that I used for my industrial area. This made the switches look much better.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jayareed For This Useful Post: