Thread: Micro-Trains bolster pins for Roundhouse?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Micro-Trains bolster pins for Roundhouse?

I'm converting several pieces of Roundhouse rolling stock to MT trucks and couplers. I've had sucess with mixing and matching MT bolster pins and a washer, depending on whether the car has a metal or plastic underframe. Just for kicks and grins I purchased some MT # 1039 bolster pins for Roundhouse. These pins are way too small for any of the Roundhouse cars I have. It doesn't matter whether they have metal or plastic underframes. I was just wondering if anyone out there in N scale land has had any expierence with these MT # 1039 bolster pins on Roundhouse(or other mfg.) cars. Thanks, Smitty

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 918 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by smittykid View Post
    I'm converting several pieces of Roundhouse rolling stock to MT trucks and couplers. I've had sucess with mixing and matching MT bolster pins and a washer, depending on whether the car has a metal or plastic underframe. Just for kicks and grins I purchased some MT # 1039 bolster pins for Roundhouse. These pins are way too small for any of the Roundhouse cars I have. It doesn't matter whether they have metal or plastic underframes. I was just wondering if anyone out there in N scale land has had any expierence with these MT # 1039 bolster pins on Roundhouse(or other mfg.) cars. Thanks, Smitty
    I think they are primarily used for the roundhouse well cars, which do have a small diameter whole for the factory pin.

I tend to drill those wholes out so they accept standard pins.
    For decoder installation and JMRI services, please visit http://www.bentraildigital.com
    For n-scale intermodal information, please visit http://nscaleintermodal.com

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pbender For This Useful Post: