Thread: uploaded to YouTube my N scale train Layout video again after 2 years

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default uploaded to YouTube my N scale train Layout video again after 2 years

Very late indeed but perhaps it's never to late. Three days ago I uploaded my N scale train video again after 2 years, I hope this time it will not be taken down as quickly as the last time. As some of you may remember the last time I uploaded it, it was taken down because it had music that I had no permission to use, I was so naive I thought it wouldn’t matter. I have substituted the forbidden music with music I've composed myself. There are still some tunes left that could cause some minor copyright problems but since it has not been taken down yet I'm beginning to think and hope it will stay permanently.
    In YouTube
    I selected the setting made for kids because I thought it meant that kids could ALSO watch it. I find the whole new YouTube rule is so confusing it seems safer to leave it this way but I will miss the YouTube comments . I hope to get some comments here.
    Here is the new Link.
    https://youtu.be/Tn7kUK00Ptw

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trainstrainstrains For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,236 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Fun, informative, almost experimental(?) and entertaining. Love Sir Nigel Gresley. Beautiful locomotive.
    Well done. Hope it stays up.

And BTW, watch that first step...
    Steve - Jugtown Modeler..............Don't know enough about railroading yet, but scale modeling is my life..............Web-Folio

The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man. -- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jugtown Modeler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, done video! Very interesting history of each locomotive you have and I like how you used your structure of your home to build the layout. The name of your model railroad is very unique indeed.
    Cheers!
    Clayton

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MoPac For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,497 Times in 3,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trainstrainstrains View Post
    I have substituted the forbidden music with music I've composed myself.
    I watched this again, and remembered having watched it before when you posted it the first time. Regarding music, I've had videos where the sound got muted because of a song, and then I've also had ones where YouTube just adds a little pop-up that identifies the track and artist. It's very much on a case-by-case basis when it comes to recording artists, and you can only figure it out by trial and error as far as I can tell.

The way to play it safe is to use YouTube's own library of free-to-use music, which is why you may have noticed certain songs showing up in a lot of different videos. It can be a bit tedious to find music you like, though, so it might mean setting aside an afternoon or two to just sift through what YouTube has to offer, and download a bunch of MP3s.

Of course, composing your own is perhaps the pinnacle, kudos for doing that! But don't your closing credits still list the music you replaced? You should have your own name there, taking credit for the music that is actually there.

Get yourself a Rail Pass for free travel on the WP&P: wpandp.com
    Could Star Wars: The Last Jedi have been a smarter movie with just one tweak? wpandp.com/how-an-interdictor-could-have-fixed-the-last-jedi/

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WP&P For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WP&P View Post
    I watched this again, and remembered having watched it before when you posted it the first time. Regarding music, I've had videos where the sound got muted because of a song, and then I've also had ones where YouTube just adds a little pop-up that identifies the track and artist. It's very much on a case-by-case basis when it comes to recording artists, and you can only figure it out by trial and error as far as I can tell.

The way to play it safe is to use YouTube's own library of free-to-use music, which is why you may have noticed certain songs showing up in a lot of different videos. It can be a bit tedious to find music you like, though, so it might mean setting aside an afternoon or two to just sift through what YouTube has to offer, and download a bunch of MP3s.

Of course, composing your own is perhaps the pinnacle, kudos for doing that! But don't your closing credits still list the music you replaced? You should have your own name there, taking credit for the music that is actually there.
    The list of all songs and composers in order of appearance including my own in this new video is listed at the end of the video. The songs that have been discarded are not now listed. My first begins at 11.28 minutes, at the end of the Orient Express, on the black and red BR 50 locomotive. My second begins at 20.06 minutes during the last train with blue Dapol Sir Nigel locomotive and continues until the end of the video.
    Since I am not a pro composer but a home composer in the field of music I don't have much confidence and try to be humble.
    Since you have experience with you tube I ask you. I would like to change from for kids to for eveyone but am afraid of the consequences. Do you know what theese may be?
    Last edited by trainstrainstrains; 14th Feb 2020 at 05:20 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trainstrainstrains For This Useful Post: