Thread: Ultimation Model Sander

Thanks
    Thanked 4,818 Times in 1,225 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ultimation Model Sander

Ran across an ad in Model Railroader for this and picked one up. This thing has been a God send building that trestle. Always struggled with getting square ends when I scratch built things...a little on the expensive side but consider the amount of styrene and wood I have managed to ruin in the past, it probably paid for itself. Shipping from Canada, even during C-19 was smooth.

Not affiliated with them whatsoever, just a handy little tool that I would pass along to the group especially if you do a lot of scratch building. Highly recommend getting the Repeater too. I didn't order it initially and found I needed it. Cutting angles of 41 and 49 degrees on pieces that were only 7mm long for roofing that had to be exact the same each time would have been impossible. The sander is really built for HO or O scale builders for sure, but still found a lot of use for N scale pieces, just requires a little more patience.

https://ultimation.ca/

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dave68124 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COOL! I was looking at that for sanding the ends of the ties when I got fished with a turn out. So def infidelity get the repeater? Thanks for the review.

___________Just do it in Vinyl!__________

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,857 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks practical. The "jig" is definitely unique to me. Sometimes the extra money is worth it. Interesting concept with the hand crank too.

I have a similar old Jarmac sander that serves me well. But runs on a motor.
    (Added a variable speed footpedal that help adjust speeds for various materials. For what its worth, it makes a difference for small objects not to run at top speed.)
    Steve - Jugtown Modeler..............Don't know enough about railroading yet, but scale modeling is my life..............Web-Folio

The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man. -- Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Thanks
    Thanked 4,818 Times in 1,225 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely get the repeater it you need to reproduce pieces exactly. It works really slick. Glad I got it.

For n scale size wood, I found I used the finger control on the wheel a lot more than the hand crank.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dave68124 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That thing looks pretty sweet.