Thread: Interesting consist seen today.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Interesting consist seen today.

I saw an interesting consist today coming home. Norfolk Southern runs through my small town and one doesn't see other company locomotives on the track very often. There was a 4 locomotive consist of three NS locomotives and one UP locomotive. The first and last locomotives were NS SD70ACE, the second was a UP AC4400 and the third was a NS Dash9-40. Normally I only see NS locomotives and they are usually GP's or the smaller SD locomotives in consist.
    To bad I wasn't able to get a good photo.
    Just an old gandy dancer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Army-Gandydancer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UP are fairly rare where I am, but you see them from time to time......but just about every other N. American RR passes thru pretty regularly. I see NS, CSX, KCS, CN, CP, and CITI plus there's still a few SF and BN locos that haven't been repainted yet. All mixed in with the BNSF power....and most trains also have MRL helpers mid train or on the tail end since I'm on one end of a helper district. Always fun to see something different.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MRLdave For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live along the main NS line that goes from St Louis to Kansas City and hardly ever see another road name on the line. And trains go through in both directs all day and night. I do know that NS, UP, and BNSF all meet up in St Louis and have connecting yards in the area. I just found it odd to see the three different types of locomotives along with one being from UP. The NS and KCS lines converge in Mexico Mo, (20 miles away) with a shared yard for ADM and still never see them mix locomotives.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just today around 2pm, north bound auto rack and intermodal with 2 Union Pacific GE AC units. Second time in 6 months a UP unit has gone by. CN, CP, MEC, units have passed by me. I like having a job near the rails. I hear the bells on the crossing gate and it's unofficially break time. On the NS line between Binghamton and Albany NY.
    A simple man trying to run my trains...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so use to hearing trains. I grew up along the same NS line. I grew up in St Charles County, Mo and lived about a mile from the tracks then. I am only 3 blocks from the tracks in the small town I currently live in. I know a train is coming way before I hear it, my dog will start howling and doesn't stop until the trains are on the other side of town (Pop 1200).

We use to rabbit hunt along the NS line and along the BNSF line that runs north along the Mississippi River. I was only about 5-7 miles from the river and BNSF track. I even hunted along the old Katy line before it shut down and afterwards, before they ripped the track up and turned it into a state park/trail.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last week one train headed east had a FerroMex loco in the consist. We see them from time to time.