Thread: Model Expo 99

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re:Model Expo 99

Just a heads up on another great deal I found hiding in there.
    In the search store box on the left column type in CMW.
    You should get a page that has 3 different N scale pairs listed at the bottom. Only $2.99 each!!! These are items # CMW50203 CMW50204 CMW50205

Thanks Hofy. I really should have paid more attention to the closeout stuff the past few months. On some of the other lists I pay attention to, some guys have been buying 100 frieght cars at a time! Maybe we should have forum just for deals (just kidding)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by "Admin"
    Maybe we should have forum just for deals (just kidding)
    That's not such a bad idea. Perhaps some sort of "heads up" area where things that are really out of the ordinary are posted. The trick is keeping it to things that are really uncommon. Price or limited run item. Club cars that are a one shot thing and so on.

And it was only seventeen cars . . .
    <center>[b]Christian
    Brockport, New York<center>[b]

and weren't they all kits?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I ordered 10 car shop kits, and the passenger station. I am not a pasenger person. That is for teh girl friend that is getting intrested in model train. She made the choice as to which kit she wanted.

I could have steered her in another direction. But that is what she chose. Funny thing, she asked me when I was going to convert to DCC. Which means she has been reading up. I told her &quot; soon as you buy me the starter system I want&quot;. She said &quot; this weekend then&quot;. Great gesture on her part, but I am not going to make her do that. Than again, you never know,LMAO. adios wyatt

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too bad Model Expo's shipping policy to Canada is rediculous. Sure the kit may be cheap, but a flat $29.99 USD shipping charge regardless of the size or weight of the item is crazy.

And here is the kicker, they add on GST (Canadian 7% goods and services tax) and tell us they will promptly send it to the Canadian government. Wow, thanks guys. We Canadians love it when we buy things from other countries and we still get charged GST as well as customs fees on top of that.

Canadian N scale consumers, do yourselves a favour and avoid this company if your not buying at least $150 USD of stuff (another part of the fine print) !!! :x Do I sound bitter? :?
    Aaron

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That just plain sucks. You have every right to sound bitter.
    Now check your private messages.

Quote Originally Posted by &quot;afhirschfeld&quot;
    It's too bad Model Expo's shipping policy to Canada is rediculous. Sure the kit may be cheap, but a flat $29.99 USD shipping charge regardless of the size or weight of the item is crazy.

And here is the kicker, they add on GST (Canadian 7% goods and services tax) and tell us they will promptly send it to the Canadian government. Wow, thanks guys. We Canadians love it when we buy things from other countries and we still get charged GST as well as customs fees on top of that.

Canadian N scale consumers, do yourselves a favour and avoid this company if your not buying at least $150 USD of stuff (another part of the fine print) !!! :x Do I sound bitter? :?