Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,219 Posts
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re:Welcome new nScale.net Members

Glad to have you with us Roger... 8)

This thread started as an "introduce yourself" type thing and a way to encourage initial participation...

Seems to have worked well...
    Bryan
    “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci (1452–1519)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello Fellow N scalers. Found out about your site from a new Nscale buddy"Biker Dad". He told me about your site. I belong to the Orange County Ngineers, an Ntrak modular club. I have been doing N for about 4 or 5 years now. 2 years in the club. I have two modules so far and everyone seems to like them.
    I will have to post pics soon. I used to have Ho in my teen years. Now I am 43 ans draw in autocad for the Dept of Water and Power,City of LA. I look forward to learning a lot of new stuff here, and putting in my 2 cents worth of stuff I have learned.
    Oscar V. Arrieta
    Orange County N'Gineers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I should post on here too. I am new to n-scale or model trains all together. I am 31 years young and building a track for my son who is 3. Okay, it is for him, but it is also for me too. I will start making a module soon, because I have a friend that would like to start. I am an Administrator for a Datacenter and ISP in Goshen Indiana and have my BSEE from Purdue (Fort Wayne). I enjoy using CAD and building my own electronics. I plan on my setup to be mostly controlled by my computer and will start by building my own DC controller.
    <hr>
    Need to choose an time/place to model and I am still learning
    but I have an idea, just need to find it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 542 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

jwier92 , Welcome and by the way I was born in Warsaw.

Mike
    “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
    I wrote ‘happy’.
    They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
    -- John Lennon

Mike & Robin at Fifer Hobby

Southern New Mexico N Scalers

Fifer Hobby Supply

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the cordial welcome. My 6 old son and I have decided that getting into model railroading would be a &quot;cool&quot; thing to do togther. We're from the Sate of Massachusetts, USA. I started out with a basic train set, boxes upon boxes of cork (My wife found a sale), scale bridges, flexible track &amp;amp; a combined imagination that's without limits. I guess my first question is to find out if there are layouts specific to my geographic location (New England). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for the warm welcome.
    Regards,

Dad (Mark) &amp;amp; Caleb.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New member hello to all

Hello all,

My name is Brian, and I'm from the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I belong to Three Rivers Association In N-trak - TRAIN-trak. I started with them 8 yrs ago, and now have two 4' modules. Both of these made it to the show in Chantilly, and the fuel rack module has been to Richmond, Edison, and out with the guys in Dayton.(great people)
    I don't model any specific line, but have repainted 3 engines(2-gp7's and RF-16) in Monongahela Railways scheme, and also have a collection of demonstrators.
    I also enjoy building the cast vehicles. My wife is still amazed at the detail that goes into them. After 17 yrs, she's my best critic.
    I hope to get more ideas here for the next module(s?)....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those &quot;Steelers&quot; are doing great huh?

Bienvenido (welcome) and I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do...

David
    So wherever you go, there you are...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Hello everyone. New member here.
    I'm just getting started in N gauge after about a 40 year hiatus from my childhood &quot;O&quot; set. My plans are to start with a 4x8 sheet of plywood and go from there. A friend of mine gave me a couple of engines and rolling stock. I went to a RR flea market in Wheaton Il and picked up a few cars and ideas. I really don't know where the best place to start is, right now I'm just looking for ideas and advice on... you name it. At the moment I thinking Illinois prairie circa 1950-1960 for my theme. Thanks for any ideas you all can come up with. Scott

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New to N-Scale.net and N-Scale

I have collected HOs for a number of years (first one when I was nine, 33 now) and am now looking at a layout. Having the house that I do means I either do a crap HO oval or I do N-scale. I never really looked at N-Scale before and am happy with the detail and quality I have found so far.

On the personal side, I am a web designer / developer in Las Vegas.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New member hello

Hi there -

I have wanted to have a model layout for a long time (at least 20 years now) but have never been able to do it (one reason or another). I have some n-scale equipment I bought about 13-15 years ago that has been gathering dust, and I am finally at a point where I can build a small layout. This will be my first layout, and I am hoping to make it a winter-theme so I can justify having it in the living room during the holidays(!). I am inexperienced at basically all things relating to model railroading, but I am having a lot of fun. I grew up in the Buffalo, NY area and my interests are primarily the Lehigh Valley from the mid-60s through 1976. I hope to learn a lot and will contribute what I can and am looking forward to being a member of this forum! Thanks -

Bill O.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New nScale.net Member

Hello, everybody! I'm a first timer here too! I grew up in Lorain, Ohio near the railroad and got a Lionel set as a kid. LOVED trains ever since! I had a huge N layout back in the late 70's early 80's and never got back into it until my new wife got me a Lionel lamp for Christmas-of which she couldn't wait til Christmas to give it me-which was OK with me as it rekindled my love of trains! So out in the garage I went and dug out my box of N gauge! Of course most of the stuff I had from back in the 80's is gone, but I do have enough to start it up again!! I hope to learn alot here!! This looks like a fun group!! I can't wait to get started!! bob

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to all the new members, We are glad to have you and look forward to your knowlege and sharing of ideas.

Mike
    “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.
    I wrote ‘happy’.
    They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
    -- John Lennon

Fifer Hobby Supply

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all.

I came from a railroad family (4 genrations) that started with the CB&amp;amp;Q upto and including the current BNSF. I have always loved trains and have been collecting HO stuff for 20 years. I had the luck to mary a women who's father also was a HO enthusist. He had been working on his 1920s-1930s era B&amp;amp;O layout for over 30 years. It streaches completely around his basement. I inherated it 3 years ago when he passed away. I left the layout where it was since we lived aroiund the corner from her mother and I could go over and work on it whenever I wanted. Unfortunaly the company I work for decided to move my job from St. Louis to Houston. This was a short notice move and I did not have time to move the layout. I did bring all the boxed cars and locomotives I had at the time though. The other downfall with this is they don't have basements in Houston. No room for a layout. However after a year with no trains I have talked my wife into letting me build a N layout in the dining room. We have a built in bufet along one wall that is 26&quot;x&quot;128&quot; I think this will be the perfict place for a small layout. I am just getting started in planing this and hope to start constrcution in the next few months. You probably will see many questions about this in the future. I am thinking about going DCC with this, I have never tried DCC but I figure it cant be too hard. I am a telecomunications network tech in the real world.

Kerry
    Where ever you go there you are.
    Don't forget your towel.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome Kerry , Nice to have you and hope we can help along the way.
    I to am a Net Tech for Qwest.

Mike
    I wrote ‘happy’.
    -- John Lennon

Fifer Hobby Supply

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to be here. I am a Network Center Tech for SBC in the IECC that handles Qwest.
    Where ever you go there you are.
    Don't forget your towel.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! My name is Joe im from Massachusetts! I lived in western pa for a few years, and fell in love with the railroads running along the rivers! tracks on each side of the river always blew my mind! i have been stuck in the layout design phase for about 3 years now! i have made several attempts, got to the scenery stage on one layout and realized, i didnt like my layout!! I am a operation Iraqi/enduring freedom veteran. i have served in the army for 5 years. i look forward to chatting with you guys!

Joe

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Joe , Welcome and hope to chat with you here as well.
    Thank You for serving us in the military and hope you railroading adventures are most satisfiying!

Mike
    I wrote ‘happy’.
    -- John Lennon

Fifer Hobby Supply

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Byrone the Newbie

Hello,

My name is Byron, and I am a 37-year-old from Los Angeles, just starting my N-Scale journey. After sitting in traffic for 1.5 -2 hours every evening,(to go only 18 miles!) I have discovered that the model train world is a good way to relax and forget about everything else.(Except my wife of course!)
    After a few weeks of &quot;lurking&quot; here, I would have to say this website is nothing short of awsome with it's unlimited resources of knowledge.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome Byrone , Good to have you and glad you have found a great stress reliever.
    Have Fun!!!
    :P :P :P :P :P
    Mike
    I wrote ‘happy’.
    -- John Lennon

Fifer Hobby Supply

Quote Originally Posted by &quot;Byrone&quot;
    After a few weeks of &quot;lurking&quot; here, I would have to say this website is nothing short of awsome with it's unlimited resources of knowledge
    You here that guys? The pressure is on now to perform :wink: :!:

Welcome Byrone!